Sunday, November 18, 2007

UltumixLite v0.0.0.1b released yesterday!

Is this what linux community waited for a long time?Ultumix is the new Linux distro that combines everything you want (- the illegal non-free stuff) for you and your computer customers already installed. It's already up to date and has a Vista like interface. I'm sure you can use it. However it's 1.3GBs.
Ultumix is the new Linux distro that combines everything you want (- the illegal non-free stuff) for you and your computer customers already installed. It's already up to date and has a Vista like interface. I'm sure you can use it. However it's 1.3GBs. I have a torrent set up on my site. I'm in WA state and have 800 kbs upload so be the first to get it. If someone wants to go to www.midnblowingidea.com/Ultumix and click sourceforge.net and sign up I would appreciate any help uploading to the CVS. Thanks. I will tell you up front that this distro has unintentionally created tension in the PCLinuxOS community. I use to be a member of their forums and I wanted to find out if I was doing everything the way they wanted since it was a remaster of their distro. I did everything I could to please them and they took it the wrong way. Someone told me that they thought I was trying to get support for my new distro in their forums, others said I was sending out spam (of course I have no knowledge of spam being sent from my account). I was also banned from the PCLinuxOS IRC Chat. They asked that I donate money to their distro that I made off of selling DVDs. I agreed to do it but now I can't communicate with them any more. If any of you are from the PCLinuxOS community and you are reading this I'm sorry for any misunderstanding that this might have caused and I hope we can work together in the future.

No comments: